Saturday, September 26, 2009

Under the weather.

This weekend I learned that I strongly dislike being sick in California. Nothing major, just a bad cold that I most likely acquired during the plane flights to and from San Francisco this week. Air travel and my immune system really do not get along. As is my usual pattern, I somehow postponed getting sick until I have some "free time" (by which I do not mean that I had nothing on my to-do list this weekend... I had plenty... but by free time I mean that I do not have to physically be anywhere else) and then it hits me like a ton of bricks, which is what happened Friday night. Chris is away this weekend at a yoga retreat, so I am just spending some quality time with my kleenex, herbal tea and nyquil. I talked to my folks by phone and my mom told me she wishes she could send me soup, which made me smile but also feel a bit homesick. Also, being sick in San Diego feels rather like being sick in the summer in Boston... so frustrating to waste a beautiful day. I'd prefer to be sick on a cold, rainy day... it "matches" better and also doesn't seem like such a waste of time.

Ah well, hoping tomorrow will be better.

On a happier note, though, I am taking this opportunity to wish my wonderful friend SMH a very very happy 30th birthday. I would have LOVED to be there to celebrate with you. Hope it was a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the birthday wishes, my friend! I hope you are feeling better. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Template-Mama.